Time for a post where I catch up on all my awards which I have been nominated for. Thanks so much to everyone who nominated me; y’all are awesome!! And I am so sorry that I have not gotten this done sooner…please forgive me for taking forever.
1 Grateful Person Award
I have been nominated by Elisha at http://africaboy.home.blog for the 1 Grateful Person award which was created by Jesusluvsall. Make sure to check both of these guys’ amazing blogs out; you will NOT regret it!! (You’ll wish you had found them out sooner. 😉 )
INTRO: This tag is based on Luke 19, the tale of the ten lepers. In the story, Jesus heals ten men with leprosy, a terrible disease that removes your capacity for pain reception. Sadly, only one of the ten healed men came back to thank Jesus, and it is after this man that we aspire. Let’s be like the one leper, a man who’s gratefulness won over his joy.
Rules for this award are:
1: Use any picture in your post that expresses gratitude
2: Pingback to the original post at 1 Grateful Person
3. Share the intro
4: Share what you are grateful to Jesus for
5: Share a passage from the bible about gratitude that means something to you.
6: Tag anybody
Let’s get right down to what this tag is all about…gratefulness.
I am honestly grateful to God for so much; I can’t begin to describe how thankful I am. If I were to even try to, it would last for a very long time and y’all would get tired of reading it after awhile. So, I’ll go with the basics…
I am most grateful that God created me, and that He sent His Son to die on the cross for me. Without either of those, I’d either (1) not be in existence, or (2) have no reason to live. I’ve got both, and thank God for that!
I am so grateful to God the religious freedom which I have, in America. I can freely read my Bible and go to church, and for that, I am so thankful to God for.
I am also exceedingly grateful for my family and friends I have. There are so many amazing people around me who I am constantly learning from and it’s such a blessing to have God-honoring people around me.
A Bible verse that really stands out to me in regards to gratefulness is:
Psalm 107:1 1Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
It’s really simple, but really deep. God is SO good and SO loving, and there’s no reason why we SHOULDN’T give thanks to Him. He’s such an awesome God!!
I nominate for this award:
Steve at http://stevescountry.com
Sunshine Blogger Award
Now onto the Sunshine Blogger Award which I was nominated for by Lydia at http://inhisserviceandlovingit.wordpress.com. Make sure to check her absolutely AWESOME blog out!! It’s just great. 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
- What is your job or what is your dream job?
Becoming a professional photographer and a stay-at-home mom. ❤ 🙂
- What’s one of your least favorite foods and why?
I honestly don’t have just one particular food that I absolutely despise. I dislike pickles, fish and olives, though. 🙂
- What time of day do you like to write a blog post?
It varies so much. I prefer mornings, though, when my brain is fresh. 😉
- Who or what inspires you the most in life?
Jesus and the love that He freely gives to us all. We’re all so blessed with all that we have…I recently haven’t been able to get over how much I have and how much God has spoiled me with… ❤
- What has been the most exciting thing that ever happened to you?
Oh my, out of my whole life? Perhaps it was when I went to my very first ball; that was super exciting! Or going on my first roller coaster was super exciting, too!
- Would you rather eat fried baloney or slimy spinach leaves?
Uh, probably the spinach leaves, as at least it would be extremely healthy for me. XD
- Which describes you better? Giant jokester or super shy?
Giant jokester; I’m constantly teasing my family. XD
- What’s your favorite type of blog posts to read?
Blog posts about what God has been teaching people, lifestyle-sort of posts and real, down-to-earth posts that make the author seem like he doesn’t have a perfect life.
- Do you like spicy foods?
Nope, not really.
- Can you jump rope?
Yes! I can also jump rope backwards and cross my arms while jump roping, so I’d like to think that I’m decent. 😉
- What one word can you use to describe the above questions asked?
I now nominate for this award:
Elisha at http://africaboy.home.blog
Joshua at http://joshuamakotoswanson.wordpress.com
J-M’s History Corner at http://jmshistorycorner.wordpress.com/
Share Your Passion Award
I was nominated for this award by Jesusluvsall. This blog is so amazing, definitely check it out!!
- Repost the #ShareYourPassion logo (above) on your acceptance post.
- Tag the blogger’s site that nominated you.
- Share a bit about your passion(s): Hobbies outside of blogging that keep you busy in your free time. What would you like to accomplish with these things? How could you use your passion(s) to be a blessing to others and show them the love of God?
- Nominate ten other bloggers and spread the joy!
Let’s see…what do I like to do outside of blogging…
Well, I obviously love to write. I’m working on a historical-fiction novel at the moment, based on the life of Esther, and the events surrounding her, so that’s been challenging, yet lots of fun! My goal is to get this book finished and publish it within the next year. I really hope that it brings to light some things in this time period that others don’t know about.
I also love photography. I’ve done several photo sessions with families, but my goal is, in the next five years, to be a professional photographer, and to have a business. I hope that my being able to capture the joy of others would give joy to the people around me. ❤
This is a fantastic award; definitely one of my favorites. Here’s the people who I nominate (I can’t do ten, so here’s just a couple):
Hero at http://sincerelyhero.home.blog
Rosie Marr at http://rosyswriting.wordpress.com
Mystery Blogger Award
I was nominated for this award also by Jesusluvsall. Again, MAKE SURE TO CHECK THIS BLOG OUT!! It is such a great blog and you won’t regret checking it out!!
- Put the aware logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mentioned the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Answer the 5 questions you were asked
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask you nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post (s).
3 Things About Myself:
- I absolutely LOVE dancing, though I can only dance the polka, waltz, and line dances.
- I love storms and one of my dreams is to get an awesome shot of a tornado. 🙂
- I am currently trying to learn the German language (Notice that I said “trying” there. XD)
My Best Posts:
1. What is a song that had meant a lot to you?
Francesca’s Battistelli’s song “This Could Change Everything”.
2. What is a book that you enjoyed?
I love the book “Everybody Always” by Bob Goff. It is so encouraging and thought-provoking. I definitely encourage it!
3. If I were to visit your city, what should I see?
I live near a small town. If you were to visit, you would see lots of Historical buildings, friendly people and lots of mom and pop shops. It’s a very nice town. 🙂
4. What inspires you to blog?
To share with others what God is teaching me and to tell others of the new things that I learn.
5. What is your favorite snack food?
Cheese! I absolutely adore cheese. 😉
- Coffee or Tea?
- What is your all-time favorite quote?
- Would you eat a bowl of [dead] crickets for $20?
- Do you consider yourself to be a fast runner and if so, how fast? If not, how slow?
- How do you feel towards insects in general?
Whoever would like to be nominated for this, just take the award and claim it for yourself!
Thanks again, everybody, for nominating me!